Monday, October 12, 2009

Electrical Meter

End of September 2009:
I got to spend some good quality time with one of my best friends, Julia! First, I picked her up, and we went to the tile shop to place our order for the bathroom tile. We still had to pick out some accents, so she was a great help. I brought home several samples, and Adam picked out the one that Julia picked out! After the tile shop, we went to lunch where I had the yummiest bread ever!! Ohh yah, this is a blog about the house...After lunch, we went to Lumber Liquidators to place our order for the hardwood bamboo floors. She came home with me, and we cleaned out the dome before Adam got home. Her husband, Matt, also came over after he got off work. We dug a hole to put our electric meter in. I drove to Lowes to get some wire, while Adam, Julia, & Matt continued to work on digging a trench, and other odds and ends. When I got home with the wire, we had to feed it through the conduit to the outside where the meter was-- a very difficult 4 person job. Thanks, Julia & Matt for helping us that day! We appreciate the help and it was fun hanging out with you!
Here are some pics from the day!

Sweeping the dome

Digging the hole to put the electric meter in.

Scraping the excess foam off the 2x4's

Good work, Julia!

This shot was posed. It took all 4 of us to do it. Matt went outside to pull the wires through.
Julia and I both held 2 wires (so they would not get tangled with the others) and Adam would push them through.

The trench they dug. This is where the wires from
the picture before are coming out.

All done! And yes, we dug that hole!!



No comments:

Post a Comment