Thursday, June 11, 2009

Septic Tank and Geothermal

May 2009:  A Big Messy Yard

I don't even know where to start with this weekend.   My brother-in-law Aaron came out with 2 Bobcats.  (He used to work for Bobcat of Indy and has helped us out so much by letting us use the Bobcats.)   The weekend started out at aprox. 6am.  I drove the truck to Noblesville to pick up the septic tank.  I had to make trips: 1 for the tank and 1 for all the pipes.   As I was doing that, Don (my father-in-law) and Adam were digging a trench to put all the pex tubing for the geothermal heat pump.   We also had to put the pex tubing in the trench and then bury it.  (The tubing is coiled up and we had to make sure that it didn't get kinked.) Easier said than done.  This was very challenging, especially when the dirt kept caving in.   

We also had to dig the trenches for the septic tank pipes and and aslo dig a big hole to put the septic tank in.    (Thank you Bobcats, and Thank you Aaron).  


Adam and I in the Bobcat on Friday night.   

After I got the septic tank from Noblesville

Digging a trench to put the geothermal coils in

This is where the geothermal will be connected to the inside. 

               Septic Tank
   

I had to zip tie all these together so they would not kink.
This took MANY hours. 


Since we had the bobcat, we got
rid off all the excess concrete and 
other junk that was outside the windows. 


Now on the other side of the house.


This is in the backyard.  
We dug a HUGE HOLE instead of 2 
trenches. This made it much easier.  






Now time to cover it back up. 


Septic tank pipes. 




This was a very long weekend that didn't go by without a few arguments.  We worked aprox. 14-15 hours both days.  I was completely exhausted.  I remembered why I became a Neonatal nurse instead of a constuction worker. I'm not used to that much physical work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment