Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Auction Purchases

September 09:

Adam's dad heard about a "construction type" auction in Indy! I guess there were companies that had gone out of business and were selling their leftover stuff. It started at 10am. We got there at about 9am, so we would have time to look at all the stuff they were auctioning off. We didn't end up leaving until 6pm (and that was only because I had to work at 7pm.) The auction was a success. We bought all of our hardwood floors for the upstairs, the corner shower unit for one of the bathrooms upstairs, 2 glass bowl sinks for the master bathroom (my personal favorite purchase of the day), and several tools.


Adam after we won the hardwood floors!
Adam loading the truck up.

I know it is hard to tell in this picture, but this
is the shower base. We left it on the side of the
interstate. While driving on 465, it blew out of
truck. We think it was partially ran over. It
wasn't worth saving. Funny story though, because
when I bought the tub at Lowes, it also fell out of the
truck. I don't think we are able to get something
for one of the bathrooms without it falling out of the
truck. We got such a good deal on the shower, that
even if we have to spend 100 bucks on parts for it, it is
still worth it.


The new hardwood floors upstairs still
in the packaging.

Here is one piece. It is handscraped solid oak!

This is my favorite purchase of the day. We got 2
of these glass bowl sinks. We will put these in the master
bathroom. I love them!





No comments:

Post a Comment